Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2016

You Are An Artist



I joined a challenge swap where the requirement was to make a piece of art out of an old book cover.  I went to the local thrift store and purchased a few old books that looked as though they had seen better days and dismantled this one.

The image is a scan of an old Dick and Jane book and the lettering is vinyl lettering I spray painted gold over then peeled off to reveal the black underneath.  I had run out of "S" so I used raised letters I had collected.

The "power beam" and confetti is just made of scrapbook paper that matched colors in Jane's outfit.

My recipient loved it!  I still have the back side and plan to make more of these fun projects.

This post is linked to Vintage Charm Link Party.

4 comments:

  1. The contrast between the bright and dark colors and the placement of Jane makes this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks Donna. I just create intuitively so have no clue what I am doing. I like how it turned out though :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always love the art in vintage children's books and your art turned out fabulous! Thank you for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I love old children's books. They don't make them like they used to.

    ReplyDelete