Pages

Monday, January 18, 2016

One WIP, Two Finished

Make Eggs Not War

I had today off of work due to the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.  I worked on the spare room and then put on some Kid Rock and went to work on my paintings.  After I finished the two below except for hangers I did the upper one. 



It came to me out of the blue.  I had clipped two pictures of chickens off my chicken feed sack last fall in anticipation of using it in my art journaling.  This was the smaller of the two and aside of having a problem with attaching the picture due to it being reinforced with a string grid and being that Tyvek type material I think I got it figured out.  I love how it is turning out :).  I need to paint the sides and then varnish it and wire it.


The two bottom ones are going to my antique booth for awhile.  If they don't sell within a reasonable amount of time I'll post them to my Etsy shop.

Who knew Kid Rock was so inspiring?  Of course his music brings back bittersweet memories of my first love.  "All Summer Long", setting northern Wisconsin and Lake Superior...and the airport with Jimi Hendrix's "Purple Rain" on the radio...memories...

No comments:

Post a Comment