Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Make Art Not War

By Shepherd Fairey

I didn't get a lot done today aside exercising.  I had my car appointment at 11am and didn't get out of there until 3pm!  What a waste of a perfectly good afternoon. Well, it wasn't a total waste, I got quite a bit of reading done in "The Tsar of Love and Techno".  And chatted with a couple other people who were there and then gone.  I also walked to the thrift store and got some giant shells, a bulletin board and a cool hand built bowl.

I have no idea what this day is going to cost me...well, ok, I do sorta' if I add things in my head.  I'm taking the car back on Wednesday to have the brakes done and then my mechanic said I can pay the whole bill.  I'm guessing about $800 or more altogether.  BUT that is how it goes when I buy a used car.  I need to work all the bugs out and get it to where I want it.  And that usually isn't free.

By the time I got home it was almost 5pm.  Mail was fun, I got a note and some coloring book pages from a book I sent my friend while she was in the hospital.  She discovered she had leukemia after another procedure and so it has been a real whirlwind for her, hospital to hospital, home and back to the hospital.  She lives over 2 hours away so it is hard to know where she is at any given time.  Anyway, we've become penpals of a sort.

I also got my Northern Sun catalog that I requested last year.  I delivered one to a mail customer and emailed the company to send me a catalog and they did.  Immediately my eyes fell to this poster above and I knew I had to have it!  So I ordered it, a pack of matching notecards and a recycled glass Earth marble.  I have a pair of ceramic hands and always wished I could have them holding the Earth.  Now I can!!

It is "early" yet.  Maybe I can get some painting in and then relaxation yoga.  Tomorrow is the lab work in the morning and then the rest of the day is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment